1. Lighten up! Remove "heavy" pieces such as blankets, dark wool rugs and wintery drapes. Use a light sisal rug to lighten up the space and if you need some window adornment look for simple shades to block light or panel sheers to add visual interest.
2. Add color! If you're feeling adventurous, consider painting an accent wall a bright or vibrant color. For color inspiration look to your favorite accessory pieces - a lamp, beautiful bowl or painting. If you're not ready to commit to a new wall color, bring in fresh colors throughout the space in small doses - switch out a lamp shade or add a few new throw pillows.
3. Bring the outdoors in! When the weather begins to warm up, it's a great time to think about bringing new life into your home. Fresh flowers and beautiful potted plants are a wonderful way to add a spring touch to your home. Also, plants can be functional - think about a small pot of your favorite herbs in the kitchen to inspire healthy recipes!
4. New bedding! Switching out your winter quilt for a light, comfy bedspread is an easy (and affordable) way to transform your bedroom instantly. Be sure to choose a bedspread that still compliments the colors and furniture in your room but brings in a fun new color or pattern. Want an easy solution - go for a white down comforter - you can't go wrong with white!
1. Eat local and in season. Fill up on local, in-season produce. It's not only healthy, it's also green. Supporting your local farmstand will also support your weight loss goals!
2. Change your workout vocabulary! Saying "I choose to workout" instead of "I have to workout" can work wonders on your mindset. Saying "I have to..." makes you into the victim of your circumstances. When you choose to do something that's healthy, it's empowering!
3. Get outside. Committing to a healthier lifestyle can be as easy as getting outside more often. With beautiful weather heading our way, take the time to enjoy nature. Go for a walk or a bike ride or visit a local park. Even small changes, like more walking, can have a huge impact on your weight loss and health goals.
4. Start small. Small changes can have big results. To get in the habit of working out and taking time for yourself start with something very manageable - like 10 minutes, 4 days a weeks of cardio. It takes 30+ days to form a lasting habit, so make sure you give yourself something you can stick with. After a few weeks, add a few minutes or an extra day to your routine.