Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Believe in Yourself

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way you are right." -Henry Ford

For my 8th grade yearbook, each student was asked to select a quote that meant something to them. The quote above is the one I chose. I didn't really grasp what it meant then, but something about it appealed to me.

Now, at 23, having graduated college and being in the midst of building my business, Cailen Ascher Design, the truth of this quote has really sunken in. In so much of what we do, believing in ourselves is really what counts. If I didn't truly believe in my abilities to start and run a successful design business, I certainly would not be where I am today. If I hadn't had complete faith in myself and my talents, I would not have succeeded...and that's the truth.

Perception is reality. If you're convinced you'll fail or that you're not good enough, you're not going to make it very far. With that said, having unwavering faith in your abilities is not always easy. When there are few prospects on the horizon, we all have a tendency to go to that "dark place" and feel like a failure. The trick is to bounce back. Recognize that feeling, acknowledge it, and then dismiss it. Release it and remind yourself why you're great and why your business, idea, goal, etc. is worth working for.

Remember, it's not about perfection or never making mistakes. It's about trying your best, giving it your all and knowing that you'll succeed.

Believe and you'll succeed!


For more information about Cailen Ascher Design or my upcoming book, Well-Designed Living, visit www.CailenAscher.bravehost.com or email CailenAscher@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails