If your home is in sync with your needs, wants, and behaviors, it generates an atmosphere of harmony and peace. Often, though, it's difficult to tell if your home is out-of-line with your lifestyle. If you need some help deciding whether or not your home needs a makeover to better suit your needs, reflect upon the following questions.
1. Do you commonly feel stressed out when you're in your home?
2. Do you often misplace things or feel disorganized?
3. Do you find it hard to relax and unwind?
4. Do daily activities (such as exercising, cooking, reading, or doing work) seem difficult or unnecessarily stressful?
5. Do you ever find yourself wanting to go out to "escape" the mess, work, environment, etc.?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, there's a good chance that your home (or certain elements in your home) is in need of a makeover. Look at the question(s) you answered "yes" to and think about why you feel that way and what you could possibly do to alleviate the problem. Oftentimes, solutions are easier than you would initially think. For example, if you find it hard to relax and go to sleep at night, maybe you need to take your laptop computer out of your bedroom and develop a work area in the public spaces of your home. Or, if you find yourself running all over the kitchen when cooking dinner, think about what items you use most frequently and reorganize your cabinets to suit your needs. If you're observant and creative, you can easily align your home with your lifestyle and make everything run smoothly!
Remember, there's no place like home.......