- vinyasa yoga class
- visits to garden centers to gather veggies to plant in garden
- then once back at home plant lettuce, tomatoes, peppers & zucchini. some of our garden is in the shade so I was on the hunt for vegetables that do well in partial shade – lettuce being one of them. other semi-shade-tolerate veggies? beans, peas, root veggies like potatoes and carrots, brussels sprouts, kale, spinach and herbs.
- fire up the grill (steak for craig, veggies for me)
- grill-top veggie packets: cube potatoes, red bell peppers and any other veggies you like. (i added green onion and whole garlic cloves to ours.) sprinkle with salt & pepper. season with fresh herbs & spices. drizzle with olive oil. place in a foil packet. cook over medium heat on covered grill for 20-30 min or until potatoes are tender.
|olive & craig|
- craig set up a table and chairs in our back yard and we enjoyed dinner al fresco while olive played in the yard. simply fabulous.
- walk in doylestown with olive. even at 9am it was HOT!
- back home for breakfast and to get ready to head over to my parents' for memorial day weekend fun
- chillin’ outside and visiting with family while olive played with her buddies, colby & duncan
- meet with cate & chad for drinks in lambertville (they’re just 3 weeks from their wedding so there was a lot of excitement in the air)
- if you find yourself in lambertville, nj and go to libations for drinks, order a “tight dress” – a delicious vodka & champagne cocktail
- low key morning – prepped some sides for our memorial day dinner
- quinoa with sautéed red onions, mushrooms & fresh thyme
- red cabbage & carrot slaw with sesame dressing
- head over to erin & brian’s for lunch and swimming (and delicious drinks)
- spiked arnold palmer: 1 shot sweet tea vodka over ice, topped with lemonade. they were honestly a little too good.
- back to mom & dad’s for casual outdoor dinner
- homemade turkey burgers with mom’s basil & pinenut pesto
- two salads – quinoa and slaw (that hannah and i made earlier)
- fresh greens (from our garden)
- sweet cherries
lovely long weekend. how was your weekend?