xliii. "how do I love thee? let me count the ways..."
by elizabeth barrett browning (1806-1861)
how do I love thee? let me count the ways.
i love thee to the depth and breadth and height
my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
for the ends of being and ideal grace.
i love thee to the level of everyday's
i love thee with a passion put to use
in my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
i love thee with a love i seemed to lose
with my lost saints, --- i love thee with the breath,
smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if god choose,
i shall but love thee better after death.
1. your enthusiasm for life (seriously, where do you get the energy sometimes?!).
2. your undeniable & tireless ambition.
3. the way you make me laugh.
4. how i miss you when i haven’t seen you (for even just a few hours).
5. the fun we have together.
6. that you’re completely yourself with me.
7. that I’m completely myself with you.
8. how i can tell you anything.
9. the way you support me in everything i do.
10. date nights with you.
11. days at home (doing absolutely nothing) with you.
12. your thoughtfulness (and your flair for the romantic).
13. your laugh & that you totally get my sense of humor.
14. that you believe in us, more than anything.
15. bobby’s. (i.e. going to happy hour with you.)
16. how you know me better than anyone.
17. that you always let me know how much you love me (sometimes to the point of annoyance : ) just kidding, babe.
18. the vision we have for our future together.
happy 5 years together. (this time next year, we'll be married!!!)