ok, so here's what i did...
2¼ cups flour
1½ cups sugar
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening or softened butter
⅔ cup buttermilk (or 1½ tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar in ⅔ cup milk)
1¼ cups mashed bananas (about 3)
2 large eggs
dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
4 tbsp butter, chopped
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
2. sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. put dry ingredients in a mixer and add butter, buttermilk and bananas.
4. beat for 2 minutes then add eggs.
|filling muffin tin|
6. while muffins are baking, mix together streusel topping ingredients with back of fork until crumbly. when muffins are lightly browned (after about 20 minutes of baking), top each muffin with a spoonful of the topping.
7. allow muffins to cool completely before removing from tin.
|banana muffin & chai|