Thursday, July 21, 2011

"fake" flowers


this morning after yoga, i was walking to the ladies' locker room and spotted some brightly colored fake flowers in a vase on the desk.  i quietly thought to myself "how tacky".  they seemed very out of place and not something my relatively "classy" gym would put out.  judgement.

as i drew closer, i realized they were not fake at all.  those brilliantly bright colors belonged to very real flowers.  my opinion of the bouquet instantly shifted from "tacky" to "stunning".

as i admired the (now) lovely display, it made me wonder what other things in my life i judge too quickly and too harshly.  with preconceived notions, we can totally miss the innate beauty of something that is right in front of us.


so, mavens, before you judge, observe.  and see if you can grasp the true essence of something before you form your opinions.  the "fake" flowers transformed into something breath-taking when i just took the time to look.

9 comments:

  1. wonderful words, thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are some very nice real flowers..:-) Another reason why not to judge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha... my first thought when I read the title was: "I don't like fake flowers, I love them natural!"... now, I'm glad I found the real meaning of your title :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers and great realization!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great post! What a reminder, thanks for sharing the lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers greatly regarding discussing this specific information. I'd personally definitely just like.
    D3 Items


    RS Gold

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheapest GW2 Gold are now allowing free along with rapidly to switch computers, if you decide to experience loss, why not take advantage of this selection dutiful Diablo 3 Gold Farming.

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails