Tuesday, July 5, 2011

summertime sangria {guest post}

Hey guys! I am guest blogging for Cailen while she is on vacation – hope she is having a great time! I bet you wish we were away too, huh?! Until that happens, I wanted to share two sangria recipes with you. My fiancé and I concocted the red version this Spring and it has been our go-to drink these past few months! In fact, I gave it to my Mom to make for my bridal shower in early June! The measurements are for a huge punch bowl, but if making in a wine decanter, cut in half.

LJ & JT Red Sangria
·         One jug of Carlos Rossi “Sangria” (Not the greatest wine, but the sangria version is a great base for this recipe! We get the big jug for around $12 – a steal!)
·         Frozen or fresh fruit (any variety works: limes, lemons, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, apples, oranges, raspberries, etc!)
·         Can of Sprite
·         Splash of Tequila – now my Mom didn’t add this for the shower – didn’t want any sloshed shower guests – but this adds a kick. Try if not driving anywhere for the next few hours!

Mix ahead of drinking time and then enjoy. That’s it! So easy. So simple. So refreshing!

sangria
At the Split Rock Wine Festival on Father’s Day weekend, Chaddsford Winery passed out summertime wine cooler recipes.

This double-sided sheet is a definite keeper for me! My best friend made the recipe the following weekend at her house-warming party and I can attest to its awesomeness -- my Mom and I had 2-3 drinks each!
Niagara Limosa
·         One bottle of Niagra wine
·         1-12 ounce can frozen lemonade or limeade
·         ½ cup sugar
·         3 cups club soda
·         Chopped strawberries and limes

Combine wine, lemonade, and sugar in punchbowl. Slowly stir in club soda. Garnish with fruit and serve chilled. A very light and summery drink! Goes down toooo easily!

So, try either of these recipes, depending on your preference of red or white OR create your own! Have fun mixing different wines with different fruits. Summer is the perfect time to sit on your porch with a home-made glass of sangria! Cheers!

lovin' liz's sangria?  check out her blog {here} and check out her bridal blog {here}.

7 comments:

  1. yum!! I love sangria and this recipe looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!!! sucha good party/summer drink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a super color ! looks yummy! nice blog.

    Apurva
    http://ajstates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That drink looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had tequila in sangria, but it sounds like a good idea to me :o)
    The Niagara Limosa looks really yummy too...I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow sounds delish, i love sangria, but prefer white wine

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails