enter "chicken for a crowd". growing up, i always loved when my mom would make chicken with mustard cream sauce. there was just something about the simple goodness of chicken paired with the decadent creaminess of the sauce - yum! so, when it came to cooking for a dozen, i defaulted back to my childhood favorite.
what you'll need...
1 quart heavy cream (not a low-cal recipe, by the way...)
1 13oz jar of grainy dijon
4 lbs chicken tenders
salt & pepper
preheat oven to 375
1. whisk together cream and mustard in a pot on the stove over medium-low heat. bring to a gentle simmer.
2. arrange chicken tenders in 2 large oven safe dishes and season with salt & pepper.
3. pour 2/3 of sauce evenly over chicken and roll the chicken in the sauce to fully coat it.
4. reserve final 1/3 of sauce to put out when serving.
5. bake for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is bubbly. allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. (and remember to put out the extra sauce!)