first and foremost, i want to wish a happy anniversary to my parents! today is their 37th wedding anniversary and the 6th anniversary of the very first day that craig and i met. coincidence, i think not ; )
ok, now time for some good food! one of my favorite ways to cook fish is "en papillote", meaning in a pouch. i put olive oil, a fish filet and some yummy seasonings in a foil packet, bake it and voila! - moist, delicious, perfectly cooked fish.
for my rendition of haddock en papillote, you'll need:
1 lb filet of haddock
1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup hearty marinara
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
preheat oven to 375.
1. place foil in pan and drizzle with 1/2 the olive oil. (make sure you have enough foil to wrap up and around the fish and toppings to seal in all the yumminess.)
2. place haddock on foil and season with salt & pepper and sprinkle with olives.
3. in a bowl, mix together the marinara and white wine. pour over fish.
4. bring edges of foil together and fold over a few times to create a seamless packet.
5. bake for 25 min. remove from oven and open the foil - allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
we enjoyed our hearty haddock with a fresh garden salad and wild rice. the rice was great for soaking up all the delicious juices.