Tuesday, October 12, 2010

love means never having to say you're sorry

picture credit {here}

love story.  a true classic.  if you haven't seen this film, you need to.  i've seen it countless times, and it always gets me.  it's romantic.  funny.  tragic.  inspiring.  hopeful.  tearful.  it's a love story and anyone who has been in love or dreams of a great love will fall head over heels for this film.  it's timeless.

picture credit {here}
the movie follows two young harvard students as they begin their life together (i.e. their love story).  she's witty and brilliant.  he's rich and preppy.  they're endlessly crazy about one another.  though i don't necessarily agree with (or understand) the movie's most famous quote "love means never having to say you're sorry"... i do completely believe in the idea at the forefront of this great film - best friends make the best (future)husbands, partners, lovers, allies and confidants.

(warning:  if you're going to watch this movie, have a box of tissues nearby.  seriously...a box.)

don't forget to enter my vintage purse giveaway!  a winner will be chosen this friday : )

8 comments:

  1. I so want to watch that movie right now:)...Kisses,sweetie
    That is such a wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this movie. It's a classic, and of course my boyfriend was the one who suggested it to me! Hope you're well, and I'm enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I love this movie! I own it and still cry like a baby every time I watch it. And I just think Ali Macgraw is soooo gorgeous and classic in this film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. classic movie. Haven't seen it in a while and I just watched it...with my big box of tissues that now needs replenishment. Excellent movie.

    -RB
    http://justaddwaterlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the book way before I watched the movie.... And yes, a box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book is fabulous too! it's a great read : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the book countless times...and seen the movie quite a few times. I love the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet post Cailen! it's a great movie!

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails