Tuesday, October 26, 2010

sinfully sweet tooth

Reese__s_peanut_butter_cups_by_sammyspectacular-d2ypw8n_large
reeses!  yum!
what is it about this time of year?  generally, i'm a very healthy person.  i work out 5 days a week (and enjoy it most of the time).  i eat healthy food because i like it and it makes me feel good (inside and out).  but then fall weather arrives and with it comes pumpkin muffins, halloween candy and spicy chai lattes.  and my healthy aspirations seem harder (and harder) to stick to...

i <3 halloween munchkins too!
all i want to do is bake oatmeal raisin cookies, drink hot chocolate, purchase (and consume) reeses and go apple-picking (and make apple pies, crumbles and coffee cakes...and then eat them...)  i feel like i could literally subsist on sugar, spice & everything nice this time of year.
baking apple pie : )
there must be something in the air that arrives with falling leaves, early dusk and crisp breezes.  something that makes my sweet tooth come alive with ravenous force.  luckily, i can (usually) control my voraciousness just long enough to get me through to the next celebration or holiday (or weekend).

4973389733_11cdedec51_z_large
pumpkin muffins
oh, pumpkin muffins, how i love thee (and thanks to han, i have a dozen of you in the fridge : )  ok, i can't resist.  i'm going to get a pumpkin muffin now and some tea too...


what's your favorite fall indulgence?

10 comments:

  1. Ohh I am so glad that this is not just me but as soon as the cooler weather kicks in I am all about sugar too...hahah...Pumpkin muffin sounds perfect right now...haha
    Kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy apples are absolutley my favorite treat in the fall. But Reese's are always during the entire year on my list of favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES. The holiday season is totally where I start to lose it, too. For the whole rest of the year I make sensible choices, but as soon as Halloween rolls around it's like I've given myself permission to eat an entire batch of brownies for lunch! What's up with that?

    My favorite fall treat is definitely pie. My boyfriend's mom makes apple pie from scratch and I'm drooling just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all those treats look positively delightful (most especially the apple pie-yummm!) ♥
    i am a total pie lover-pumpkin, apple, cherry, peach, anything and everything in pie form is delicious!
    and gotta have the spiced chai lattes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so down to drink tea and eat pumpkin muffins with you. We're heading into spring and summer here (tho the weather may not fully show it), so my chai spice latte cravings are down to normal... but the little reminder sure does make them sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please please please tell me you didn't bake all of that yourself! I think I could manage the Reese's, but the rest makes me feel a bit bake-challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful blog, photos...!!!
    I lake it!

    Big kisses from Croatia.
    Zondra Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reese's.. Yuuuuuuum. That picture is definitely tempting me to break a diet rule and buy some.

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I really enjoy your blog! I have a cupcake blog "Stay Calm, Have a Cupcake" - feel free to check it out for more yummy sweets. Happy Friday!

    www.fontgirl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails