Monday, September 12, 2011

om monday: what is your dharma?

one of my yoga teachers was explaining the concept of dharma in class the other day.  i was completely enthralled by her explanation, so naturally i wanted to share it with you all : )

dharma is the idea that every person is born with a unique purpose.  and, our life mission is to align with that purpose and thus contribute our gift to the world.  cool, right?!

credit {here}
and, even cooler, the more in-line you are with your specific dharma, the more successful you will be - as people will be drawn to you and intrigued by you.  when you align with your dharma, you radiate confidence and charisma because you have recognized your innate passion.

so, mavens...what is your dharma?  i'm hoping/thinking/feeling that mine has something to do with sharing my advice, recipes & yoga inspiration with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I loved learning about Dharma in my yoga class..I found it very interesting as well!
    As for me...I believe my Dharma with my personal world (away from blogging) is Being a Teacher and helping inspire the youth as they grow up. In the world of blogging, I'd like to hope that (one day) I can get enough followers, that I can start giving advice and help someone...right now my Dharma is just to make people smile!
    - Ashlee Michelle
    http://lifeofashlee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! i hope your classes went well this weekend. xoxo jillian:: enter to win a knit cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat concept! I hope that my dharma is writing chick-lit. I would love to bring readers as much happiness and pleasure as Emily Giffin, Sophie Kinsella, and Meg Cabot have brought me over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dharma is to hold babies and help new parents get off to a good start with their expanding families. Thanks to you Cai, it seems like my dharma is getting clearer :)

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails