Friday, September 30, 2011

happy hour: champagne cider cocktail

in honor of october (i honestly can't believe tomorrow is october, by the way), i've crafted an autumnal cocktail that captures one of my favorite flavors/ingredients of the season.  apples.

growing up, my sister and i loved sparkling cider.  not only was it delicious, but we felt oh-so-grown-up sipping our fizzy cider out of elegant champagne flutes.  with that memory in mind, i thought a champagne & cider cocktail would be a lovely, celebratory drink this time of year.  bonus, this drink is super simple to make and guests will adore it!

credit {here}
champagne cider cocktail

1 part apple cider
3 parts champagne
garnish options: cranberries, cinnamon stick or an orange wedge

in a champagne flute add in cider, then top with champagne and your garnish of choice.  if you want to make it super festive you could rim the glass with sugar in the raw.

sugar rim: run an orange slice around the lip of the glass to coat it, invert the glass into a shallow dish of sugar in the raw to coat it.  now craft your fall cocktail.

credit {here}

hope you enjoy the first weekend of october!  i know craig and i will - our wedding shower is tomorrow!!!



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Never thought to put cider and champagne together, but now I really want to try it. I'd imagine it tastes like fizzy goodness with a hint of fall. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM this sounds so delicious, definitely making soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea. Who would love this? Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love champagne but I've never had it with Cider before! Hmmm... This is one recipe Ill have to try! Thanks!

    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, I think I will be making this adult beverage- I know I can always find a great cocktail at your site!!

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails