i was tasked for making the dessert for our girls' night this evening. i'm meeting up with my former boss and co-worker for an evening of hors d'oeuvres, wine, home cooked dinner, wine, blueberry & lemon tart...more wine?
i tend to be more of a cook than a baker, so i decided to keep it simple. fresh blueberries, lemon curd and (store bought) pie crust : )
1 pint blueberries
10 oz jar of lemon curd
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 pie crusts (yes, two)
1 tbsp sugar in the raw
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. in a bowl, combine lemon curd, egg and zest.
3. fold blueberries into lemon mixture.
4. for a free-form tart, spray baking tray with non-stick spray and create a foil ring to support the crust. (if you want to make a more traditional tart, use an 8 inch tart pan.)
5. lay both crusts over foil ring and fill indented center with blueberry/lemon filling. since the filling has a tendency to run, you need two crusts to support it for a free-form. you could probably get away with just on crust if you're using a tart pan.
6. fold edges of crust up and over filling and "pinch" to secure the folds. if it seems stable, you can remove the foil ring.
7. sprinkle crust with sugar.
8. bake for 45-50 min until crust is golden brown.
allow to cool before serving. you can even pop it in the fridge to make sure the filling sets.
i haven't tasted it yet...because i'm bringing it tonight...but it smells divine! i mean really, you can't go wrong with blueberry & lemon anything in my book.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8