Tuesday, August 16, 2011

growing into myself

hello, mavens!  i hope you're all enjoying this lovely tuesday so far.  i wanted to share an ego-boosting experience of late : )

yesterday, at the end of advanced vinyasa yoga, the teacher was discussing her upcoming teacher training that will be starting this september.  now, any of you who frequent lifestyle maven know that i am a yoga-phanatic.  and, yes, i have flirted with the idea of pursuing my teaching certification.  but, i was completely flattered (and surprised) when the teacher singled me out at the end of class and said "cailen, you should think about this" as she handed me a brochure about her teacher training.  umm, wow.  me?  i try not to allow my ego to get the best of me, but i adore yoga so much that this compliment lifted me up to cloud 9.

credit {here}
so...i am really considering starting the training this fall.  it's a commitment - 15 weekends (friday 5-9, saturday 12-6, sunday 12-6) from september 2011 through may of 2012.  but, i definitely think it would be worth it...

isn't it funny how our lives twist and turn and eventually lead us deeper into who we are truly meant to be?  i encourage all of you not to deny your true passions...and listen to what your world is telling you (even if it's not in words).

cheers!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! that is so great. I'm sure you'll make a fantastic yoga teacher!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go for it! I'm sure your teacher saw something special in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go for it girl - that's awesome! :-) Loved you're little price quote from yesterday...I pinned it! p.s. having a super fun giveaway starting today..you must click on over and check it out!
    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely go for it! That would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that sounds like an awesome opportunity! i think you should do it because you'll regret if you don't! and since you like yoga it wont feel like a job. :) do it do it do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without hesitation totally go for it! I have been thinking about doing it to in the near future! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is so great! You are so inspirational and seem to always follow was makes you happy! You have a lot to teach and I'm glad you are able to do so ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! how encouraging for you :) i hope you go for it!

    Sam @ fitness food & faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Cailen!! That is such a huge compliment from your teacher! You should definitely go for it too! :) I bet you'd make an incredible yoga instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome. What a great opportunity for you! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

hello there. thank you for your comments - i love reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails